I'm a composer, violist, and music teacher from Toronto, currently based in The Hague.
I write notated vocal and instrumental music, music for visual media, and sometimes quasi-improvised events.
I also play improvised music on viola and plucked instruments, often with the ensemble HARP+.
Between 2020 - 2022 I've been working as a composer and music facilitator with Jumblies Theatre, creating music that can be sung by a community choir that meets over Zoom.
Most of my free time these days is spent falling down Wikipedia rabbit holes, or making maps in Geoguessr.
- Nanitic A film that I scored by my longtime collaborator Carol Nguyen will be premiering September of 2022 at Toronto International Film Festival. - view the trailer here:
- I’ve recently moved to The Hague to finish my studies at the Royal Conservatoire for regular updates on what I’m up to here, you can follow my Instagram
- I did an interview with the Inimitable Joseph Glaser of CMC Ontario - you can read that here. I discuss my recent work with the HPO and the piece they commissioned as part of the Composer Fellowship program Lithification
A piece for solo theorbo commissioned by Jonathan Stuchbery
An improvisation for viola and vocoder
A piece for voices and wind ensemble with poetry by Erika Verhagen. Performed by Orkest de Ereprijs as part of the 2019 Young Composers Meeting
Recent Projects & Interests:
- Writing music for Zoom Community Choir as the composer-in-residence for the Gather Round Singers
- An online short film screening with live improvised scores, performed remotely
- A piece for Solo Theorbo, with an animated music video by Alex McLeod
- Exploring the resonances in transport infrastructure
- Writing for the Hamilton Philharmonic Composer Fellow program
- Teaching composition online through digital music skills
- Superimposing recordings (Low Effort Plunderphonics)